Woodland Hills and Century City Family Law Attorneys
Contact Us 24/7 818.938.2007
Victim in Your Own Home? Taub & Taub have been resolving conflicts since 1996.

Woodland Hills & Century City Domestic Violence Attorney

Family Law Attorney Protecting You from Abuse

Taub & Taub, P.C. strives to help each client protect themselves and their family members in any family-related legal matter, including domestic violence. All cases of domestic violence are handled according to California family law. Anyone who is looking to find protection from domestic violence should not hesitate to speak with a Woodland Hills family law attorney from our firm.

If a domestic violence restraining order is entered against you, there is a rebuttable presumption in the State of California against joint legal and physical custody of any children you have in common. It is critical to your relationship with your children to do everything in your power to be proactive and avoid a domestic violence restraining order.

If you are served with a temporary restraining order, you must follow the instructions carefully and go to court to defend against this. Failure to attend could cause the order to become permanent—and can last up to five years. It is in your best interest to obtain experienced legal representation from a skilled attorney to protect your rights, reputation, and future.

How Do I Get a Restraining Order in California?

First of all, if you are in danger of being abused or injured by a member of your household, call 9-1-1 right away. The officer who arrives on the scene will have evidence that you are being abused. This can help you obtain an Emergency Protective Order (EPO-001) immediately to prevent you from suffering further abuse until you can file for a restraining order. If you have suffered from abuse in the past and are looking to prevent future instances of domestic violence, you should also consider getting a restraining order.

With help from a family lawyer from Taub & Taub, P.C., you can complete paperwork (Form DV-110) for a Temporary Restraining Order and submit it to your local family court clerk. You must also serve the restraining order papers to the person from whom you are seeking protection. A court hearing will follow, where you and the other party will present your arguments, and a family law judge will make a final decision whether or not to issue a Restraining Order After Hearing (Order of Protection) (Form DV-130), which is essentially your "permanent" restraining order.

What are the different types of restraining orders in California?

  • Emergency Protective Order (EPO-001)
  • Temporary Restraining Order (Form DV-110)
  • Restraining Order After Hearing (Order of Protection) (Form DV-130)

We can help you understand your options and guide you step by step as you fill out the paperwork and file it with the court.

Falsely Accused of Domestic Violence?

Although domestic violence is a serious offense, there are many situations where someone is falsely accused. Whether both parties are engaged in a heated child custody dispute or the alleged victim is seeking revenge, it is possible a false accusation of domestic violence can result in a restraining order.

If you feel that you might be falsely accused of domestic violence, it is important to not have contact with the individual who falsely accused of the offense and to always have a witness present when you are together, if possible. Attempting to resolve the issue directly with the alleged victim can only result in further legal trouble.

Let a Woodland Hills Divorce Lawyer Fight for You

Our firm can act quickly to help you get the protection that you need, so do not wait. Speak with a Woodland Hills family lawyer from Taub & Taub, P.C. as soon as possible! We can also help you serve the other party and can represent you in court.

Contact us today at (818) 938-2007 for more information!